Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Dinner Is Served











My close friend Autumn got me a crock pot as a housewarming gift for my place. It ended up being a Christmas present in a way since I finally got it on Christmas Eve, and she made a point for me to take it since she was (understandably) tired of looking at it. I was definitely looking forward to using it since cooking was something I wanted to do more often, and here are the first results of using the crock pot.

I give you meatloaf stuffed with cheddar cheese. Rice on the side, as well as mixed vegetables. I know, I know - mashed potatoes are supposed to be on the side of meatloaf, so I committed a bit of a dinner faux pas. Still, the dinner turned out pretty darn well if I say so myself.

While it's far too early for me to do anything like cook for Thanksgiving dinner, I'm actually looking forward to using the crock pot more often. I already found my next recipe in mind - lamb chops cooked in red wine sauce. I think this is a good step up from spaghetti or pasta, and I might even use cooking with the crock pot in some fashion on my list of tasks as well.

Thanks, Autumn!

P.S. Speaking of food, a quick update on my "no fast food for 30 days" task: I have a week left and still going strong. I don't even see myself caving as soon as the period ends either, and I think my blossoming cooking habit has played a big role in that. I'm finding myself looking forward to cooking dinner now, as opposed to loathing the idea of cooking for one. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment