Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wanna Get Away?

This has been a super rough week at work. The good news is that the worst is behind me, but it's made me think a lot about where I am in my career.

Tuesday was my one-year anniversary at my job. Fittingly enough, it was probably one of the toughest days so far there. I got home that night and barely slept because I knew there was plenty more waiting for me the next day. I won't bother going into details over the hows and whys of what went down since it would take far too long to explain everything, but the bottom line is that it was just plain awful.

These events made me really want to get away. I haven't had a real vacation in almost three and a half years, and I think a week or so away from all the stress of work and life could be magical. I've had weekend getaways to the beach here and there, but those types of breaks only go so far. My family had been planning a week-long cruise for this summer, but due to several complications, those plans had to be cancelled. I was really looking forward to getting away from everything, even if it meant having to go through the process of getting a new passport (ironically, getting a passport is one of my tasks to accomplish anyways, so I would have ended up killing two birds with a single stone).

I still need a real vacation. I already took off for a four-day weekend coming up in two weeks for a tradition with my best friend from college (The first two days of the NCAA Tournament - we sit on the couch, drink beer, and watch college basketball for two days straight. It's beautiful). I'm certainly looking forward to that break, and I expect I'll return to work the following Monday refreshed and rested.

It's a recurring theme here, but to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment