Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The End of an Era

Okay, the title is probably more than a little melodramatic.

Having conceded that, I think it's still somewhat fitting. I've had a beard since I was in high school. I've long forgotten what I look like without it, and I always had suspected I'd have a baby face clean shaven. Over the last few months, though, I've been thinking more and more about shaving it off. I've noticed a lot of gray showing in the beard, which probably made me look even older than just with the beard itself.

Finally this past week, I caved. I took a razor to the beard and shaved it clean off. After I had washed my face clean and saw myself for the first time all over again, I was amazed at how much younger I looked. Since it's been several days since I had shaved it off, I can say I've grown accustomed to being without it now. I don't feel as naked without it anymore. It actually feels normal. I've also gotten a few compliments on the look at work as well.

Who'da thunk it?

Since I hadn't really planned this move ahead of time, I won't cheat and add it to my list of tasks (especially since it's already been done). I haven't taken any pictures of the look yet, but I expect to be in Baltimore with my crew next weekend, so I'm sure there will be a photo op to sport the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment