Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

We all have guilty pleasures. They're the forms of entertainment that we'd all be embarrassed to admit or be caught with. Here I am, about to openly admit one of my biggest guilty pleasures.

I am a major fan of Maury Povich. I can't get enough of his paternity test and lie detector test shows. I record his show almost every day and watch the recordings every evening after work. They actually prove to be very relaxing if my day at work happens to be stressful. I can't even tell which side I find more entertaining - the guys who flat out deny being fathers to kids and find out they are in fact the kids' fathers, or the women who adamantly accuse men of fathering their children and are ultimately proven wrong.

Here's the best part, though: my officemate is an equally big fan of the show. We spend every day talking about the previous day's shows and which guests we loved the most. To be fair, there are some truly tragic stories among the paternity tests, and I do feel sympathy for those guests.

I am now ready to add another task to my list. My officemate and I have started making plans to take a bus trip up to New York in August to see a taping of Maury, and hopefully see a paternity test show and/or lie detector test show. It's a bit of a shot in the dark since the show doesn't list specifically what shows tape on what days, but at least three-quarters of all of Maury's shows are paternity tests or lie detector tests (some are even combinations of the two), so the odds are pretty good in our favor.

Task #76: Attend a live taping of Maury Povich.

Yeah, go ahead and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment