Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

For Those of You Who Are Keeping Count

One of my tasks that I really wanted to complete more than most others was get a passport.  I've never had one, and obviously I've never needed one.

Until now, that is.

One of my best friends is getting married Memorial Day Weekend, and she invited me to come.  That was just the kind of motivation I needed to get a passport to travel.

There's so much about this that I'm super excited about.  First, I haven't taken a real vacation in nearly six and a half years.  I've taken weekend trips to the beach here and there, but I haven't really let loose for a real fun trip since I went out to Phoenix several years ago.  Second, I actually get to travel internationally!  I don't really know what to expect in terms of getting through customs in the airport and then landing in the Caymans, but there's only one way to find out.

The best part is that one of my other friends told me she's getting married next year in the Dominican Republic, so I'll get some good mileage in my passport pretty early on.  Two real vacations in a year after hardly ever traveling for most of my adult life definitely makes up for my lack of trips in the past.

So hey - I can cross another task off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment