Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Deja Vu All Over Again

When winter had first rolled around, I had a bad feeling we were in for a rough winter. There wasn't a significant snow storm in the area in about 6 years, and the law of averages said the time was right. As much as I had expected, I certainly wasn't ready for this bad of a winter.

The Baltimore/DC/Northern Virginia area has been pounded with snow since last weekend, and I spent most of the weekend sitting on my couch flipping channels on television. I dug out my car Sunday morning after a total of nearly 30 inches of snow fell between Friday and Saturday. I managed to make it to work Monday morning as usual (mostly because this happens to be the busiest time of the month in my office), and then quickly found news of the weather reports for this week.

Another snow storm. Another 20 inches of snow. Three days after the last storm.

This time, however, I didn't have the luxury of going grocery shopping early. I found milk by blind luck at a gas station's convenience store of all places, and grabbed a few other small items at a grocery store. It sure bears an eerie resemblance to my weekend, but this time I don't know if I'll be able to make it in the office tomorrow morning. I have the option of working from home, and I have to say the concept of working in my PJ's sounds alluring. I might end up doing that tomorrow, despite living only 10 minutes from my office.

I can honestly say I've had my fill of snow for the next several years. A little goes a long way, and it's a bad sign when 5 inches of snow no longer feels like anything major. Spring may be 6 weeks away, but it sure feels a whole lot further out than that.


No comments:

Post a Comment