Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Man of the Cloth

It's official: I am now an ordained minister.

I'm more than a little amazed and disturbed at how easy it is to simply buy an ordination online. Granted, I can only legally conduct weddings, baptisms, and funerals, but if I wanted to shell out another hundred bucks I could be able to do a whole lot more, including starting my own church. I doubt the "Church of Ray" has a memorable ring to the name, and even though I've always been perfectly comfortable speaking in front of large crowds, leading a group of people is another thing entirely.

I still fully intend on turning this option into a small side business, including a website promoting my services available (I guess this is my shameless moment of self-promotion talking about this) and fee charges. I'm not sure what other fringe benefits there are to calling oneself a minister aside from things like being tax-exempt, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

From now on, you can refer to me as "Reverend Ray."

No comments:

Post a Comment