Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pop Quiz, Hotshot

Your younger sister's wedding is coming up in less than two months. She texts you, asking when you'll be around again so you can get fitted for the suit you'll need for the wedding. You reply by saying you'll be in town next weekend for a birthday party as well as her wedding shower, assuming it's common knowledge for everyone involved, including her. She answers she doesn't know anything about a shower next weekend and that you may have inadvertently revealed a surprise. What do you do?

WHAT. DO. YOU. DO?

If you're me, you reply with a single word that isn't quite suitable to be reprinted here. Obviously my naivte got the best of me last night because I had no idea that wedding showers are almost always done as surprise parties. I knew they could be done as surprises, but in talking with my mom and my other sister about it, it didn't sound like this was private information. Fortunately, my moment of knuckleheadedness (not sure if that's a word, but for the purposes of this post it will be) was kept to a minimum for two reasons. First, my sister promised to look surprised at her shower next weekend. Second, I didn't say exactly when or where the party will be, so she might still be caught off guard a little when the surprise is revealed. And I'm sure after it's all said and done we'll be able to laugh at everything as well.

Can you tell I'm a single guy who hasn't had any real experience with planning weddings?

No comments:

Post a Comment