Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Business As Usual

This is semi-old news, but I had to update the government furlough status: The deadline has been extended until Friday, December 23, pending Congress passing the funding bill for the current fiscal year.  As a result, I'm back at work today and we're going about on our regular business for the time being.

The good news is that Congress is expected to pass the funding bill for the fiscal year by the end of the week, so we should be able to avoid any further talk of furloughs for the foreseeable future.  I'm relieved that a shutdown isn't such a looming threat as it was last week, especially during the holiday season.  The likelihood of a shutdown wasn't ever quite a significant possibility, but there's always that one chance in a hundred that it could happen, and I wouldn't want to be in that one chance.

Meanwhile, I can also relax this week thanks to finishing my Christmas shopping early.  I actually finished it last weekend, so I can coast my way till the weekend.  And since most of my coworkers have scheduled vacation time around the holidays, it's going to be a super quiet two weeks in the office till 2012. 

Ray likes this.

No comments:

Post a Comment