Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Another One For the List

#75. Attend a playoff sports game.

I came close a couple times to having already attended a sporting event during the post-season, but those opportunities never came to fruition. There's a certain level of excitement and craziness attending such a game that isn't found during the regular season, for some obvious reasons. I remember in 2005 the Orioles were dominating their division during the first half of the season, and I had said at that time if the Orioles did end up making the playoffs, I'd have to make every effort to going to one or more games. I don't think I've ever seen Camden Yards packed top to bottom with fans all cheering for the O's; usually if the stadium is packed it's because the Yankees or Red Sox are in town and their fans travel to Baltimore to follow their team.

I've decided to use this task to take care of two tasks simultaneously. The Capitals are just killing the NHL right now, and they've already locked up home ice in the Eastern Conference, and have a chance to lock up home ice for the Stanley Cup Finals as I write this post. I'm going to have to find a way to get to at least one game, preferably against the Penguins, but it doesn't really matter. Either way, it's an opportunity to experience the playoff atmosphere up close and personal, and I think it'd be freaking amazing.

Wow, only 26 more tasks to list!

No comments:

Post a Comment